You must have heard about the famous Dilli ka Khana? Delhi, the capital city of India is quite famous for the mouth-watering street food delicacies that are strewn in almost all the corners of the city. While walking through the chaotic maze of by-lanes of Od Delhi, you’ll get to taste the most delectable street foods that will encourage you to pull your camera, and shot for these mouth-watering delicacies.
The city shares an intimate relationship with the food. The Mughlai khana that is so famous here stands for traditions. Chandni Chowk’s famous food will drive your senses to the extent of recreating it in your kitchen while still savoring the sweet memories of having these food items standing at the by-lanes of Old Delhi. Here’s presenting to you a food-lover’s choice: Chandni Chowk.
- Tandoori Chicken of Moti Mahal: This age-old restaurant is famous for the butter chicken and tandoori chicken. The tandoori chicken is preserved in marinade trays adding butter and tomato. When the food is presented to you, it will lead you to a heavenly feeling that you will get while having earthly food! Make a mental note of this shop and visit it by any means.
- Mutton Kebab of Karim’s:Karim’s is the most famous for the mutton sheek kebab and tandoori chicken. The list is too long for this restaurant, but these two stand out significantly. Also, the divine mutton nahari is a must try for the meat lover like you.
- Chaat at The Chaat Bhandar:The most authentic chaatcentre of Old Delhi, Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandar stands on its own for the delectable, mouth-watering chaats that you will get in here. The chaats are really spicy as well as tasty, the way the chaats are presented is also another thing to notice. This shop is a unique combination of tradition and modernity.
- Badam Barfi of Ghante wala: Considered as the oldest sweet shop in the whole country, this age-old shop you will find in Chandni Chowk. This shop has served from the Mughal Emperors to the present-day ministers for umpteenth time. Sohanhalwa, Karachi halwa, pista samosa, motichur laddoo are some of the most famous sweets of this shop that are a must try once you arrive in this haven for sweets.
- Aloo Tikki at Natraj Dahi Valla:Just outside the Chandni Chowk metro station, you’ll come across this little shop that specializes in dahibhalla and aloo tikki. A typical north Indian food item, the amazing taste of these two items are surely going to win your heart moment you start having them.
- Jalebis of Old jalebiwala:Situated on Dariba Kalan road in Chandni Chowk, this old famous jalebi wala is a landmark in itself. The sweet, hot crispy Jaebis friend in hot oil and after carefully dipped into sweet syrup is going to blow your mind with the first bite, that’s for sure!
Chandni Chowk street food is not only famous amongst the tourists, people all over the world come here and enjoy these divinely tasty street delicacies.