Wearing a mask is one of the safest ways for avoiding the contamination or spread of COVID-19. Even if you are vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19, it is important to wear a mask. However, people with glasses have faced an annoying issue where the masks cause their glasses to fog up every time they exhale. Fogged-up glasses occur when the warm breath from your nose escapes through the mask and lands on the surface of your glass lens.
Here are the top 5 solutions for preventing foggy glasses and so help you to maintain a clear view while wearing glasses and a face mask.
- LASIK eye surgery-A permanent solution for vision problems and foggy glasses: Are you wearing glasses as a result of either far-sightedness, short-sightedness, or astigmatism? If so, you can undergo LASIK eye surgery that helps to improve your vision. Undergoing LASIK eye surgery also helps you to avoid wearing glasses which in turn helps you to avoid foggy glasses.
Eye specialists and ophthalmologists in cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, and Kolkata can recommend LASIK eye surgery to correct your vision problems like farsightedness, nearsightedness, and astigmatism. One of the best and safest healthcare providers where you can undergo LASIK eye surgery at an affordable cost is Pristyn Care.
Consult with well-experienced and trained eye specialists in Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, and Pune at Pristyn Care to undergo the safest and advanced LASIK eye surgery.
- Soap and water: Before immediately wearing a mask, wash your spectacles with soapy water and shake off the excess. Later, air dry or gently dry off the lenses of spectacles with soft tissue. By doing so, spectacle lenses won’t fog up when you wear the face mask. Because soapy water creates a thin surfactant film that prevents surface tension. This surface tension causes foggy glasses when the breath from the nose is directed upward through the mask.
- .Anti-fogging glasses: Before buying glasses, consider lenses with a permanent anti-fogging coating. This coating can help you to avoid the formation of fog not only while wearing a mask, but also during sports like swimming, skiing, and tennis.
- Anti-fog spray or cream: Just like soap water, anti-fog spray or cream helps in preventing the formation of fog by avoiding the collection of moisture on your glasses. To know what are the best anti-fog sprays or creams, visit the nearest eye care center.
- Fold-down a part of the mask or close the gap: Folding a part of the mask or closing up the gap may sound simple and easy, but it is not as it sounds. But, folding a part of the mask [a top quarter of the mask] helps in providing extra space for your warm breath to escape before it forms a fog on the glasses. However, keep in mind that folding the mask won’t work in cases where the mask contains a metal nose. And also, this technique reduces the area covered by the mask. If your mask isn’t a well-shaped hood for a snug fit on the bridge of your nose, use medical or athletic tape or even an adhesive bandage to close the gap.
LASIK eye surgery is the most convenient and painless way to have clear vision without wearing glasses or lenses, which in turn avoids foggy glasses permanently. However, if you wear glasses to protect your eyes while wearing a mask, your glasses can get foggy, and to avoid it you can use soapy water, anti-fogging glasses, folding the mask, and anti-fog spray or cream. If you wish to undergo LASIK eye surgery in cities like Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, and Kolkata, visit Pristyn Care. Eye specialists and ophthalmologists at Pristyn Care are highly experienced and trained in using USFDA approved surgical techniques and reduce the risk of infection and the occurrence of complications.